Plan International is an independent organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on equality for girls, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular gender equality.
The Child Protection Specialist is responsible for the implementation of the main result areas and roles defined below, in order to develop Plan International Belgium's project portfolio in the domain of protection, and to bring to the organisation cutting-edge expertise in the fields of Child Protection and Gender Transformative Protection.
Roles and responsibilities
The Child Protection Specialist will be working in a transversal team, linked to the overall annual objectives of Plan International Belgium and is responsible for:
Program Design / Proposal Development:
- Contribute actively to the design of programs (in humanitarian and development settings) focusing on Child protection and Gender Transformative Protection from the needs assessment to the final submission.
- Identify and analyze business development opportunities focusing on protection and gender and the best way to respond.
- Build fruitful professional relationships with key donors, Global Hub, other national organizations (country offices) where Plan International is present.
- Contribute actively to the International Program Department’s strategic reflection and growth.
- Support the development and testing of evidence-based programming.
- Contribute to the development of protection and gender related programming frameworks and toolkits.
- Provide technical support related to protection and gender to colleagues of Plan International Belgium, Country Offices, partners and other key stakeholders.
- Support COs in mobilizing resources for protection and gender programming.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Provide technical support to research and impact studies that contribute to evidence-based programming.
- Promote organizational learning on protection through sharing case studies, good practices, lessons learned.
- Promote organizational gender transformative programming.
- Contribute to annual global mappings and reporting on Plan International’s protection and gender programming
Coordination and Influencing
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant global networks (UN, international and national NGOs).
- Participate in global thematic initiatives focusing on protection.
- Develop advocacy briefs on issues affecting girls and boys in humanitarian settings
REQUIRED PROFILE For this position
Level of education/experience
- Master's degree or equivalent in development science, human sciences, law....
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management and development
- Minimum 3 years' experience in technical assistance in the field of protection and gender.
- Professionnal knowledge :
- Thematic expertise: Specific technical expertise in the field of protection and gender.
- Geographic expertise: Good knowledge of the socio-political context in the countries where Plan International Belgium operates
- Donor expertise: Good knowledge of the requirements of the main institutional donors (EU/DGD/UN/...)
- Well developed conceptual, critical and analytical thinking with the ability to convey complex information in a simple and interesting way.
- Excellent coordination, planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage complex tasks within agreed deadlines.
- Ability to plan workload and demonstrate responsibility. Ability to work flexibly under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Language skills: Bilingual French/English. Proficient in Dutch and Spanish is an asset.
Personal profile and skills
- Core competencies
- To know the rights of the child, the rights of girls and the theme of "gender equality".
- Achieving objectives
- Work as a team
- Get involved in the organisation
- Demonstrate a digital mindset
- Behave according to the basic values of Plan International Belgium
- Competencies related to the fucntion
- Motivate employees
- Establish relationships
PLAN INTERNATIONAL OFFERS
- A contract of indefinite duration with immediate start, at the latest on January 1st 2020.
- A young and dynamic working environment in the center of Brussels, close to the Central Station and other public transport facilities
- A salary in the range of comparable jobs in Belgian NGO’s and additional fringe benefits
- Training opportunities at national and international level
- An exciting environment with enthusiastic and passionate colleagues in a growing and innovation organization.
Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com with reference “CP Specialist” before November 18th 2019.