Plan International Belgium is seeking a Program Development Officer & Education Technical Advisor to contribute to the design of new programs and advance Plan International Belgium’s programming in the field of Inclusive Quality Education (IQE) and Education in Emergencies (EiE).
The Program Development Officer & Education Technical Advisor will contribute to - and sometimes lead - the development process of winning projects proposals in line with the donor’s expectations, the Country Office’s Strategic Plan and Plan International Belgium’s priorities. He/She will provide high quality IQE & EiE technical support to Plan International Belgium team members. The Program Development Officer & Education Technical Advisor will be part and contribute to Plan International’s global IQE and EiE technical networks.
Plan International is an independent organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on equality for girls. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular gender equality.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Development Officer & Education Technical Advisor will be responsible for:
Program Design / Proposal Development:
- Monitor main donor’s political agenda and priorities in the field of education.
- Identify relevant technical innovations and lessons learned (studies, evaluations) in the development and humanitarian community.
- Contribute to the identification and analysis of business development opportunities.
- Lead or contribute to the development of high-end project proposals (narrative and budget) from the needs assessment to the final submission.
- Coordinate the project proposal development process in collaboration with the rest of the International Programmes Team of Plan Int. Belgium, involved Country Offices (COs) and other stakeholders within and outside Plan International. This includes potential travel to the field.
- Build fruitful professional relationships with key donors, International Headquarters (Global Hub), other National Organisations (NOs) and Country Offices (COs).
Strategy and Programme Design:
- Contribute actively to the International Programmes strategic reflexion and growth.
- Support the development and testing of evidence-based programming.
- Contribute to the development of IQE and EiE programming frameworks and toolkits.
- Provide Education (IQE & EiE) technical support to Plan International Belgium team members.
- Provide capacity building support to Plan International staff, partners and other key stakeholders
- Promote the application of best program practices in the field of Education (IQE & EiE).
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Provide technical support to research and impact studies
- Promote organisational learning on Education (IQE & EiE) through collecting and publishing case studies and reports on good practices, lessons learned, etc.
- University degree in education, social work, psychology or any relevant area.
- Progressively responsible professional experience in Education (IQE & EiE) work.
- Proven track record in program design and proposal development and ability to secure funding from public and private funding streams
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical materials including tools, guidance, training materials and project proposals
- Good knowledge of key donors’ priorities and requirements
- Solid experience providing technical support and oversight to Education (IQE & EiE) programs both in humanitarian and development settings
- Relevant experience of capacity building on Education (IQE & EiE) technical areas
- Demonstrated ability to network and liaise with coordination mechanisms and donors.
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Be result oriented, autonomous and creative.
- Excellent knowledge of French and English is mandatory. Dutch and/or Spanish an advantage.
PLAN INTERNATIONAL OFFERS
- A contract of indefinite duration with immediate start
- A young and dynamic working environment in the centre of Brussels, close to the Central Station and other public transport facilities
- A salary in the range of comparable jobs in Belgian NGO’s and additional fringe benefits
- Training opportunities at national and international level
- An exciting environment with enthusiastic and passionate colleagues in a growing and innovative organisation
Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference “IQE & EiE - officer” before January the 1st 2019.